Director Contact Information:
USAV Coaching Staff:
Coach Cynthia Steel
Cynthia was born and raised in Ontario, Canada where she played volleyball for Blenheim District High School. She attended Briar Cliff University on a basketball scholarship where she was an All American for three years. She was an Assistant Basketball Coach at Briar Cliff University for two years. After graduating with a Masters in Physical Education, she moved to Wesley Chapel, FL to teach and coach at Dr. John Long Middle School where her love for volleyball was renewed. This experience in education and athletics provides her with valuable skills that will be utilized during the season. Club Steel Volleyball’s focus is on the development of each athlete as a whole. Her passion is to provide each girl with the tools needed to succeed in life.
- 10 years coaching experience at Dr. John Long Middle School
- 1 year coaching at Pineview Middle School
- 1 year JV High School coaching experience at Academy at the Lakes
- 5 years Director/Coach for Club Steel Volleyball (U10 – U14)
- 2016 Season – Finished 14th in the USAV FL rankings
- 2017 Season – U14 Navy team qualified for USAV National Championships; finished 9th in the USAV FL rankings
Coach Slavkin started playing volleyball in the 6th grade. She was raised in Pinellas County and being a Florida Cracker she was always at the beach training as well. She played all the way through high school graduating from Countryside High School in 1993 and went on to play intramurals at Florida State University as she obviously lacks the height! J Once graduating from college she started working in the physical therapy field at first but could not deny her love for teaching. So in 2001 she opened Centennial Middle School and became their Volleyball and Basketball Coach there for 11 years before she took a year off to work for Florida Virtual School. In the past year she has transferred back to Pasco eSchool and is now the JV Coach at Sunlake High School. She has been married to her husband for the past 17 years and has a 10-year-old son who keeps them very busy with his competitive sports as well.
- Volleyball Coach at CENMS for 11 years
- Soccer Coach at CENMS for 2 years
- Basketball Coach at CENMS for 5 years
- Currently JV Coach at Sunlake High School for past 2 years
- Teacher for past 13 years
- Currently Teaching Middle School Science, Physical Science and Astronomy at Pasco eSchool
- 2 years U16 Coach for Club Steel Volleyball
- 1 year U14 Silver Coach for Club Steel Volleyball
Coach Brian Gonzales
Born in 1966 in Laguna Beach , CA, Brian started playing beach volleyball at a very young age . He moved to Hawaii and developed a love for the indoor game, playing as a youth 12 – 14 at the Kaneohe volleyball club. He moved to Florida in 1980 and graduated from East Bay High School in 1984 . Brian attended The University of Northern Iowa on a Football scholarship and afterwards began playing both indoor on the interbay mens club A team and beach on the southeast leg of the AVP through 1992 . He left volleyball until his daughters began playing in junior high which is when he started his coaching career at Suncoast Volleyball Club of Sarasota in 2005 .
Head Coach for Suncoast Volleyball club of Sarasota 2005 to 2012- age range from 13-17 National teams and regional teams
Cardinal Mooney HS (Sarasota) Varsity asst. coach 2007 , JV head coach 2008
Lakewood Ranch HS JV head coach, varsity asst. coach 2011 to present
USAV High Performance coach 2007- 2010
University of Florida skills camps 2008-2009
Russ Rose (Penn ST) hitters clinic 2011-2012
Head Coach for Academy at the Lakes High School
Head Coach for Club Steel Volleyball U15 2014-2017
Coach Rachel Kline
Coach Ramiro Tejada
Coach Jenny Rinck
Coach Elyse Garcia
Coach Brittany Collison
Coach Scout Daily
Coach Amanda Carroll
AAU Coaching Staff:
Coach Daris Rodriguez
- Born on November 11, 1987 in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 14 years of a volleyball career during life spam including Lomanview club, the Puerto Rico National Team, Gigantes de Carolina professional Team in P.R., Lake Land Community College Varsity and Lynn University Varsity teams.
- All American 2005-2006 in Lake Land Community College
- Graduated from Lynn University on May 2009 with a B.A. on Human Services
- All Region, All State & All-American 2007-2008 & 2008-2009 Lynn University
- Graduated from Springfield College on December 2012 with a M.S. in Mental Health Counseling
- Started coaching volleyball at Club Steel and became a member of the AAU league in October 2015.
- Currently working as a Mental Health Counselor and coaching volleyball at Club Steel.
Coach Brittany Collison
Coach Amanda Carroll
Coach Haydon Ketterer