Tournaments – USAV
For non-local tournaments (Jacksonville, Daytona and Atlanta), there is a policy of “stay to play”: meaning that we are required to have a certain number of hotel rooms booked in order for our teams to be eligible to play in the tournament. We will send out hotel information when it is available. Each family is responsible for their own hotel / travel expenses.
- All athletes are expected to be in the gym, ready to warm-up, at the scheduled arrival time. Please be on time. Games do not always start at the designated time. There is usually about 10 minutes between the end of one match and the beginning of another.
- All athletes are required to wear Club Steel gear while at tournaments. They are to be matching with the team.
- Please be respectful at all times to everyone at the tournaments. You are representing Club Steel Volleyball.
- Athletes and/or parents are expected to provide transportation for their athlete to and from tournament sites. If an athlete cannot be at a tournament, the athlete is expected to call the coach as soon as the athlete knows she will be absent. Please arrange alternate transportation for your child if you are unable to attend the tournament. If you are unable to provide transportation for your child please notify the coach at the practice before the tournament so alternate arrangements can be made.
- Athletes are not permitted to leave the facility during the tournament day. Game times can drastically change and all team members must be prepared to play at a moments notice.
- Officiating is a shared responsibility of the entire team. All athletes are required to help with scorekeeping, line judging, and refereeing. Athletes are not allowed to leave without the coach’s permission.
- All athletes are required to use a buddy system at all times.
- Absolutely NO cell phones on during the game or refereeing.
- Use your time wisely. If you have homework, use down time to complete it.
- Parents are not to approach a coach to discuss playing time or any other grievances during a tournament.
- See grievance procedure.
- Coaches have been instructed not to answer any controversial issues.
- Please do not contact a coach for 24 hours after the tournament has ended.
Other teams are not to recruit for their club during the club season. If anyone approaches you during season to offer you a position with another club, please let them know not to contact you during season.
We are a member club of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball. As a player you may stop any unwanted contact from a club representative by simply asking (either verbally or in writing) that all contact cease. Any player believing a club representative of any Florida Region volleyball club has been intimidating, harassing, or acted inappropriately in any manner of contact or recruiting should contact the Florida Region office at (352) 742-0080.